Admissions into a Master’s program in the Department of Kinesiology & Sport Management is based on:
- The applicant’s academic record – including an undergraduate grade point ratio (GPR) in the last 60 semester hours. Unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application, but official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions in order to be admitted.
- Relevant experience as shown on resume or CV
- Statement of purpose essay. Students desiring to complete a thesis must submit written request to do so in the essay
- Three letters of reference
- The GRE is not required
- Foreign students whose native language is not English must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by (see International Admissions for full details):
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 80 (in person or Home Edition) from a test date within two years (Texas A&M University does not accept the MyBest TOEFL score), or
- Minimum TOEFL Essentials score of 8.5, or
- Minimum IELTS Academic test score of 6.0 overall band (Texas A&M University does not accept the IELTS General test), or
- Acquiring alternative verification during the admission process from the Graduate and Professional School via a departmental request. An international graduate student holding a master’s degree, or completing all years of a bachelor’s degree or higher, from an accredited institution located in the U.S. qualifies for alternative verification.
- For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletic Training: January 15th
- Kinesiology-MS: January 15th
- Sport Management in-person: February 1st
- Sport Management online:
- Spring –October 1st
- Summer –February 1st
- Fall –April 1st
Programs with Additional Requirements
M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Motor Neuroscience
The Master of Science in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Motor Neuroscience, prepares students for teaching and research careers in motor behavior.
M.S. in Athletic Training
The MSAT program is for students who wish to pursue athletic training credentials by the Board of Certification (BOC) and pursue a career as a Certified Athletic Trainer
M.S. in Sport Management
Provides students the skill sets necessary to become future leaders of sport organizations as managers, administrators, and decision makers. (Online or Face-to-face)
M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Sports Physiology
Provides students with the scientific background and technical skills necessary to evaluate performance-related characteristics of both team and individual athletes, and design strength and conditioning programs.
M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology
Provides students with the scientific background and technical skills necessary to evaluate physical fitness and cardiovascular disease risk and prescribe preventative and rehabilitative strategies.
M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Sport Pedagogy
This specialization prepares students to design and conduct research on teaching/teacher education and curriculum and instruction, with an emphasis on linking theory to physical education practice.
M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Exercise Physiology
The Master of Science in Kinesiology, with an emphasis in Exercise Physiology, provides advanced training in the physiological responses to acute exercise and the adaptations that occur with training.
West Point Faculty Development
This academic program is only for commissioned officers currently serving in the United States Army and approved by West Point Officials. Earn a M.S. in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Exercise Physiology.