The coaching minor is designed to prepare students who are pursuing a teacher certification in another field or pursuing another major to be entry-level coaches in schools and youth sport leagues.
- This minor is also useful to those who work with youth in sports leagues.
- Admission to our minor program is by application only.
- Students should allow a minimum of three semesters to complete this minor.
Admission to the Coaching Minor
Requirements must be completed at the time of application.
- Must have completed BIOL 111, or its equivalent (BIOL 113 or 107) with a D or better.
- Must have a minimum Texas A&M GPR of 2.00
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 graded hours at Texas A&M.
Note: Applicants are reviewed by a committee and admitted on a competitive basis. Thirty students per year are accepted.Apply to the Coaching Minor
- KINE 216 – First Aid (can be taken away from Texas A&M)
- KINE 199M – Major’s Resistance/Flex
- KINE 215 – Fundamentals of Coaching
- KINE 306 – Functional Anatomy for Coaches (can substitute 1 hr of BIOL 319 or equivalent)
- KINE 302 – Applied Exercise Physiology for Coaches (can substitute 1 hr of BIOL 320 or equivalent)
- KINE 307 – Lifespan Motor Development
- KINE 318 – Athletic Injuries
Electives – select a minimum of 6 credits (3 courses)
- KINE 312 – Coaching of Baseball
- KINE 314 – Coaching of Soccer
- KINE 317 – Coaching of Football
- KINE 321 – Coaching of Volleyball
- KINE 334 – Coaching of Personal Training
- KINE 335 – Coaching of Group Fitness
- KINE 351 – Coaching of Basketball
Credit Hours: 18 Hours
Fall 2023: May 16, 2023 – June 27, 2023