Applications are accepted in a rolling-basis year-round. However, all students who want to be considered for University (e.g., Merit, Diversity) or KNSM funding (e.g., GAT, GAR) need to apply by the priority deadline. Completed applications are forwarded to the respective division faculty for evaluation. Appropriate academic qualifications are determined by the accepting faculty member and divisional admissions committee.
Deadlines for priority review (PhD applicants):
- Summer (June) and Fall (September) start: December 1
- Admission to a Doctoral degree program is based on:
- Accepted by a member of the graduate faculty
- Academic record, including GPR
- Relevant experience on resume’ or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- English Language Proficiency demonstrated by (International applicants):
- Minimum TOEFL i-BT score of 80 (in person or Home Edition) from a test date within two years (Texas A&M University does not accept the MyBest TOEFL score), or
- Minimum TOEFL Essentials score of 8.5, or
- Minimum IELTS Academic test score of 6.0 overall band (Texas A&M University does not accept the IELTS General test), or
- Acquiring alternative verification during the admission process from the Graduate and Professional School via a departmental request. An international graduate student holding a master’s degree, or completing all years of a bachelor’s degree or higher, from an accredited institution located in the U.S. qualifies for alternative verification.
- Application and Fee for the Ph.D in Kinesiology (including Sport Management)
Motor Neurosciences prepares students for teaching and research careers in motor behavior. Laboratories support the motor behavior programs with emphases in Motor Control, Motor Learning and Child Movement.
Ph.D. in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Sport Management, faculty and students study sport management in ways that impact individuals, organizations and communities both locally and globally.
The Ph.D. in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Sport Pedagogy prepares students for teaching and research positions in universities as well as leadership positions in state or regional departments of education.
The Ph.D. in Kinesiology program prepares students to conduct research in basic and applied exercise physiology. Graduates are trained for post-doctoral appointments and positions in universities, industry, the military and research institutes.