HLKN Advising serves students by offering advice on:
- Course load,
- Electives (where appropriate),
- Transfer credit from other colleges/universities, and
- General advising information.
Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor each semester to ensure they’re making adequate progress in their degree program. Be sure to check your email regularly for advising updates and communication.
Before you make an appointment, please be aware of the following periods that may result in a longer than normal waiting period:
- The week before classes start,
- The first week of classes (add/drop period),
- Q-drop deadline, and
- Pre-registration period (last 6 weeks leading up to graduation).
High school or transfer students:
If you are interested in the Department of Health and Kinesiology, but not sure which program best suits you, email the CEHD Recruitment Office, or sign up for a virtual information session.
We offer prospective advising appointments for students who know what program/major they want to apply for. Call our front office at 979-845-4530 and schedule an appointment.
Current A&M Students
Current students should use Navigate through Howdy to schedule an advising appointment. Call our office at 979-845-4530 for questions or assistance.
The HLKN Advising Office is located in the Ghilchrist Building, Suite 145.
Appointments are available for scheduling Monday-Thursday at the following times:
- 8:30-11:30 am
- 1:30-4:00 pm
Walk-ins are available for current HLKN students on Fridays from 8:30-11:00 am.
- Motor Behavior
- B.S. in Kinesiology/M.S. in Athletic Training – 3+2 Dual Degree
- Dance Science
- Basic Exercise Physiology
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Exercise and Sport Science